How Much Are the Fines for a 2nd DUI?
The court fines for a second DUI in California range between $1800 to $2300, however, the court fines for the 2nd DUI in California are not the only costs associated with a second DUI offense. The following are additional approximate costs and fees. Fees are as of 12/20011.
- $1700 for 18 month Alcohol School
- $400 policy agency booking fee
- $500 for Ignition interlock Device installation. (IID)
- $100 per month for (IID)
- $450 Miscellaneous DMV fees
- 3-5 years of SR-22 Insurance (Thousands of Dollars).
- $40 MADD impact panel
In addition to the above referenced standard fees, there are fees for alternative sentencing. The following is the approximate costs for alternative sentencing.
- $500 per month for SCRAM
- $20 per day for House Arrest
- $100 per day for Work Furlough Program
- $2000 or more for DUI Court or other Court Alcohol Treatment
- $750-4500 per month for Sober Living Programs.
- $2,500 + for impatient rehabilitation programs.
As you can see, a 2nd DUI, 4rd DUI, or Felony DUI is a very expensive ordeal and you will need an experienced second DUI attorney to help limit the costs associated with your new DUI arrest.
To learn more about the 2nd DUI process, speak to a live second DUI attorney for a free consultation at 877-717-2889....